12 Reasons to Hire an Arborist and Protect Your Valuable Trees
by Ann Denson, Collin County Master Gardener
Without regular care a tree can change from a valuable resource to a costly burden. That is why the skills of a professional arborist are required for many tree issues.
Here are some reasons you should hire an arborist:
- Monitoring and treatment for insects and diseases
- A tree is leaning and losing connection to the soil
- Decay is visible and tree limbs need to be removed
- A tree develops two dominant terminal stems
- Checking for correct growing conditions: sun, water, nutrients, pH of the soil, location
- Assessing foliage loss, separating bark, or yellowing foliage
- Trees need planting, transplanting, pruning or fertilizing
- A value appraisal of a tree is necessary
- You would like a firebreak along your property line
- The removal of a tree is required, a tree stump needs to be removed
- Need new land cleared for building
- There is a concern about personal and property safety
With the ever present environmental problems it is wise to keep in mind a few ways trees are of vital importance in the landscape. Well maintained trees can increase property value by up to 14%. Properly planted trees around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30%. A single mature tree can supply enough oxygen annually for a family of four. Lastly, trees are helping to slow climate change by removing carbon dioxide from the air.
Hiring a professional arborist to care for and help heal our individual natural environments is vital. Consequently, hiring an arborist means you are being proactive in order to preserve your trees, you believe in planning and regular maintenance, and you’ve made the choice to save money by preventing more expensive issues in the future.
To find a certified arborist in your area please visit this International Society of Arboriculture website: https://www.treesaregood.org/findanarborist
Join our Email List
Stay informed about upcoming events and timely garden topics.